on 19 September 18
It is common for e-commerce sites to have abandoned shopping carts. Often customers complete the entire process of shopping online but abandon their carts just prior to the payment stage. This can be highly infuriating and irritating for websites. However, a Magento development expert can provide a solution to this. Here are the tips that can be employed by a Magento specialist to reduce abandoned shopping carts in E-commerce:
- Dedicated page for contact information - Often experts looking after the e-commerce website development overlook the fact that a dedicated page displaying the contact information of the retailer is very imminent. Websites that lack a dedicated contact information page are seen as less trustworthy and often purchases made are abandoned mid-way.
- No hidden charges - Another reason why shopping carts are abandoned is that often websites keep the hidden charges a secret right till the end. This irks the customer who is ready to buy a product at a certain price only to find that there are additional charges to be paid at the final page. Therefore, a Magento specialist should avoid putting hidden charges at the end. If there are additional charges, they must be displayed along with the product price.
- Low check out process - Sometimes it is seen that websites have many check out procedures, which can be irritating for the consumer. To ensure that a minimum number of carts are abandoned, a Magento expert can design a website with low check out processes. Asking the customers to register at the final stage must be avoided as the long form to be filled can be irksome.
- Clear payment options - To reduce the amount of abandoned shopping carts, e-commerce website development experts should make the payment options clearly available to the customer. If a customer does not find their preferred mode of payment at the final stage of ordering, they would abandon their cart mid-way. The Magento specialist must make the available services for the customer.
- Clear deals - websites offering various deals need to ensure that the offers and deals are clearly visible to the customers when they choose a product and when they proceed to checkout. Free shipping offers made for a certain sum should be clearly mentioned so that customers do not abandon their carts when they find that their order misses the deal only by a few dollars.