Hacking is an unethical practice that must always be avoided. Only in case of certain specific requirements are they considered ethical. To hack Windows 10 are rare occasions but very much necessary at times. Hence, an individual must keep her/himself equipped with the required knowledge of ethical hacking.
Which cases call for ethical hacking?
Ã There may be a case where one forgets the login password of a laptop. It may seem weird but is actually a common thing, especially because nowadays people have to remember so many different passwords of bank accounts, email IDs, government services, social networking sites and even for requirements like provident funds and pensions. With the whole world around us going digital, it is no shock to have forgotten a few passwords or to have tried to open one account with the password of another!
What to do in case of login password forgotten
The way out in such a case that is mostly followed by an individual is to reinstall the OS that can be assigned a new password. But is that always the best thing to do? This process has certain disadvantages like:-
Ã The process is lengthy and takes a few hours. In cases of emergencies like in business, it can lead to a substantial loss commercially!
Ã Frequent reinstallation may damage laptop hardware and reduce its longevity.
Ã It needs intervention of service engineer who has the DVDs required to upload and reinstall the OS. An individual may not be carrying them all the time.
Ã The service engineer may not be readily available. In an office, there may be an IT team to cater to the problem almost immediately. But in case of individual computers, one has to wait till the engineer comes that may take even a few hours!
Is there a faster solution at hand?
An immediate solution can be there if there is an alternate admin login account. In such a case, one can enter through the other account and get a new password for the original admin account in order to access the required files. The process is as follows:-
1) Use alternate admin account login to enter and press Win+R keys.
2) The Run Box option is enabled, wherein one needs to type âcontrol userpasswords2â.
3) Once enter pressed, the User Accounts window pops up that has a Reset Password tab. By clicking on it, one can place a new password.
4) Save the change and leave the window to re-login with the original account and the new password.
Using Safe Mode
The above, or somewhat similar to it, can be also done using the Safe Mode. Here are the required steps:-
1) Press F8 before the Welcome screen loads to reach Advanced Setting Option.
2) Here, select Safe Mode using the cursor and login through the Admin Account.
3) Press Start and type lusmgr.msc in the Search box.
4) Click on Local User Groups twice, followed by a single click on Users in Local Users and Groups.
5) Reset password by right-clicking on the Set Password button, and save it.
6) Log out and re-login using the new password.
Hackling of Windows OS
This is always best avoided but in case one has lost the login password and there is also no alternate admin account to enter the laptop, it is better to try this out instead of going for reinstallation. Here are the few steps required:-
1) Press Start button, go to Search option and type cmd.
2) From among the results, find cmd and click on it to get Run as Administrator option.
3) Enable the net user administrator option by clicking active or yes button.
4) Write net user administrator <username> and <password>, press enter. Write the new username and tag as <username>. Similarly, write a new password and tag <password>. Press enter at the end.
5) Write Exit and press enter. Re-login with new password and get going.
It is a safer way to hack Windows 10 although the steps are far more widely used for Windows 7 and 8. However, Windows 10 being a mix of the two and an improved version, the steps also apply to this new OS which is being used more popularly nowadays across the globe.