Job Description For Vacancy No: 238420TConsultant: Tim Bees Job Location:
CambridgeshireJob Position: Senior Engine Systems EngineerJob Status:
We have an exciting opportunity relating to the development and validation of solutions to current product engine system issues. Engine emissions regulation, continually increasing expectations for engine performance, opportunities to integrate engine and machine systems all drive the need for continuous development of current and future products.
We are now looking for a Senior Engineer aspiring to directly influence and validate the quality of current and future technologies, have the opportunity to play a key role within a world class engineering organisation as well as develop individual engineering competency.
We have an exciting new role within the Systems Validation team which is a new team within the Performance Systems Integration Team offering an exciting opportunity to develop and validate innovative solutions to issues found on our current product 4 and 6 cylinder global engine platforms for a wide variety of machine applications. This is a dynamic stimulating team which not only develops and validates solutions to current product issues but also provides (engine and aftertreatment) system level validation for our future engines from the early development stages through to final production.
If you enjoy solving complex engineering problems with limited information, with a drive to create and validate new innovative solutions to current product issues and future generations of engines this job will be perfect for you.
You will have some level of experience in one of the five following areas and be willing to learn and develop across our other areas of focus:Diesel engine core performance and emissionsDiesel engine aftertreatment specification and performanceProduct validation planning and executionProduct controls software developmentProduct technical issue root cause and resolution, including 6Sigma Qualifications/Experience:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal instruction and provide technical support to others.
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively at all levels of the business.
- Product validation (FMEA, DVP&R, Data analysis).
- Experience of complex Electronics and Controls system concept generation including drafting block diagram controls for simulation assessment.
- Extensive understanding of control algorithms and logic.
- Experience of modelling complex systems, and the use of simulation tools to make confident predictions.
- Knowledge of heavy duty machine applications.
- Six Sigma experience (Black belt preferable, Green Belt minimum).
- Product sign-off and report documentation.
- Extensive knowledge mathematics, data analysis, numerical modelling and statistics.
- Experience of design of experiments, optimisation techniques and Robust engineering methods.
- Experience of Matlab and Simulink.
- Working as the technical project lead to provide timely resolution of performance defects with production flashfile release or mechanical system settings / components, meeting all documentation and control requirements, appropriately validated, compliant and fully resolves the defect whilst introducing no new defects.
- Provide data analysis and root cause analysis support to continuous improvement and dealer support engineering teams to understand the root cause and any performance or emissions compliance implications of field issues.
- Develop minimal risk solutions to the current product issues and carry out the risk analysis to develop an appropriate validation plan given the level of change and implications of the change.
- Work with performance and emissions and machine integration teams to carry out the calibration and validation plans before reporting out to the business to gain compliance and product sign off before releasing the change.
- Deep communication with engineering and product groups across the business.
Ł43,183 - Ł52,000 (D.O.E)Fringe Benefits:
Benefits: 12% Annual bonus, 25 Days Annual Leave, Contributory Pension Scheme (Company matching up to 10%), Company Share Purchase Scheme (Company Contribution 50%), Child Care VouchersRelocation / Sponsorship:
Not available with this roleApply Now
Ref no: 287314-238420T_8504160251