We are the proud creators of Codewars and even more excited about our newest product: Qualified.io. As a full-stack web engineer, you will be primarily handling API development for our Qualified product, as well as some front-end AngularJS development. You may also have some responsibilities working with our Codewars platform.
We are looking for candidates with experience working with Ruby on Rails. AngularJS experience is a big plus. You should be a self-starter, take initiative, and thrive in a low-structure environment. In shouldering a lot of responsibility you will also have a lot of room for autonomy and impact at Qualified. We are a passionate development team and expect anyone we hire to the team to be the same.EXAMPLE PROJECTS:
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Build an advanced code matching tool to identify similar solutions across thousands of entries.
- Add new features and data models to our API
- Build an advanced workflow engine that allows teams to create any sort of assessment flow they wish.
- Attention-to-Detail: You strive to prove that speed and quality are not conflicting; you can achieve both at the same time.
- Fast learner: We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and want to build something that will be used by many. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs as our product scales and as we need to innovate.
- Systems Thinker: In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of our applications.
- Passion: You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You love to code. You are driven by your craft.
- Team player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team than you ever could alone. You rely and thrive on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Self-Directed: You don't need to be told what to do in order to get things done. You know how to identify gaps and needs and do what needs to be done to keep a young startup moving.
- Motivated: You don't need to work in an office to stay motivated. You thrive in a remote working environment.
- At least 4 years of professional coding experience, working with APIs
- Experience with one of the following: Angular, React, Vue
- Live in the United States (we are open to remote)
- Prefer candidates that are located in Los Angeles, or willing to relocate to Los Angeles- although not necessary
- Insurance coverage
- Full Salary
Unlimited Vacation Annual Team Retreat LA Office: Friday Lunches & Weekday Breakfast Provided