PodOp, Inc. is an interactive storytelling media and technology company changing the way stories are crafted and experienced. Our proprietary technology, tools, and scalable infrastructure let filmmakers tell interactive stories at scale. We bring together industry-leading directors, writers, and actors who want to explore new modes of storytelling and empower them with the technology to do so.
As part of the Design Team, the Lead Designer will use their expertise and influence and help drive the design direction, vision, and process for a variety of arts and entertainment projects.
You will be working in an expanding, fast-paced environment alongside our product/engineering team and digital producers to deliver new experiences in the interactive storytelling space.Position Summary:
The Lead Designer is PodOp's champion for the end user, directing and developing polished apps with experience-oriented design solutions. They are leaders who mentor, educate, and manage team members through research, prototyping, testing, and development. They recognize design pitfalls before they happen, and rely on experience to provide guidance and establish clear communication channels between departments. The Lead Designer sets the vision and manages its execution, but is also hands-on with process and crafting deliverables as needed.Responsibilities:
- Work with film creative counterparts to gather overall art and design objectives and project requirements
- Manage the desing process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in etimating resource needs and schedules.
- Serve as the strategica nd creative authority on aesthetic, tone, and messaging across all platforms and channels; ensure projects have consistent user experiences and match platform guidelines.
- Organize user testing and provide evaluation and actionable improvement plans based on results.
- Create, oversee, and maintain documentation and deliverables for multiple stakeholders: clients, visual design and developers.
- Pitch final concepts and solutions to internal and external stakeholders in a concise and compelling manner. Every pitch should be a story that is persuasive and demonstrates the value of the concept/solution.
- Grow, mentor, support, and evaluate the internal design team; lead critiques and serve as final decision maker.
- Source, evaluate, hire, and manage third-party design resources; ensure deliverables are clearly outlined, delivered on time, and match expectations; coordinate deliverables between internal and external art and design staff.
- 5+ years of work experience in a Design role in mobile
- 2-3 projects in lead design capacity
- Experience designing and shipping mobile-first applications
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines independently and effectively
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Expertise designing products across multiple devices, sizes, and platforms
- Ability to work within platform guidelines while remaining interesting and unique
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, prototyping tools
- Communicate design rationale effectively across multiple audiences (engineers, PMs, stakeholders, etc)
- Enthusiastic about learning and sharing with teammates
- Interest in film, television, and interacive storytelling
- Bonus: Loves plants and movie nights
- Generous PTO - 401k - Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - Commuter Benefits