Are you interested in an opportunity where you can use your Cloud expertise to Think Next. Now. and build solutions that make an impactAre you interested in a unique opportunity to define/drive IT transformation for a key government agency If so, CSRA s Senior Cloud Chief Architect position is for you. CSRA's Senior Cloud Chief Architect Intelligence Group (IG) is among the most senior technical leadership positions within CSRA. This position will help shape the cloud strategy and implementation of large-scale cloud computing for the critical government agency. In support of the IG s $2B annual portfolio, the Senior Cloud Chief Architect will partner with our customers, other IG Solution Architects, and CSRA s horizontal support groups (e. g. Digital Platforms, Cyber Security) to refine strategies and approaches, as well as current and future capabilities needed to meet long-term needs. RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role of a Senior Cloud Chief Architect includes:
- Serves as a cloud subject matter expert across the pursuit lifecycle and within an integrated growth team, including capture and business development, to win top Intelligence Group opportunities
- Meets regularly with government customers, including C-level and SES-level, learning their mission challenges and demonstrating CSRA s value
- Identifies, mentors and develops CSRA technical talent, defining training, career path and opportunities for advancement
- Architects solutions and provides subject matter expertise in cloud solutions including architecting and providing life cycle management for secure cloud based workloads.
- Architect cloud migration solutions using proven methodologies and tools
- Demonstrates to our customers a deep understanding of governance, compliance, and cyber security (ATO, System Security, Risk Management, Incident Management)
- Drives market demand for hybrid cloud solutions by providing concise messages tailored for CSRA customers and their desired outcomes
- Provides domain expertise in the area of cloud for proposal responses. Readily engages with existing account teams to perform gap analysis, apply cloud migration expertise, and introduce next generation cloud technologies
- Collaborates closely with our leveraged service center to incubate, design, and deliver leveraged hybrid cloud offerings
- Engage and participate in the cloud community of practitioners to build a strong sense of community and provide meaningful corporate reach back
- Understands and remains current with market trends, and works with the CSRA Group CTO and horizontal support groups to define new markets by collaborating with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders to understand requirements and shape CSRA capabilities and offerings
- Defines and manages the Program s Technical Architecture
- Develops and owns Program s Technical Roadmap
- Develops and manages the architecture governance process
- Identifies and enforces required key processes, controls and products
- Sets and enforces standards; manages changes to technical standards
- Makes investment recommendations to PM; adjudicates PM requests prior to implementation
- Conducts business case analyses & maps outcomes to business strategy; Evaluates and recommends solutions and strategies to PM
- Adjudicates technical conflict between technical staff and/or management
- Liaisons with Group/Corporate Growth leads for re-compete strategy
- Evangelizes the architecture vision to management, stakeholders, and staff; Drives innovative thinking and processes to capture ideas
- Responsible for both long term planning (Service Strategy) and engineering (Service Design) for new initiatives.
- Responsible for any needed design artifacts (some of those may be customer deliverables; some may just be for internal use based on best practices, the SDLC, and/or CSRA s methodology.
- Works with industry in tailoring solution and approach strategies specific for our customer s evolving needs
- Works in collaboration with other solution architects to generate white papers, RFI, and RFP responses
- Shapes procurement through presentations to clients and through speaking engagements
- Identifies and determines events for CSRA to participate
- Identifies Small Businesses with cloud skills that CSRA can partner with to improve our solutions.
- Leads and helps to build Proof of Concept offerings to demo to customers
- 10+ years of experience in Government contracting
- 5+ years of experience supporting DoD, Homeland Security, or Intelligence Agencies
- 15+ years of technology solution development and/or technology application experience. Demonstrated design of cloud architectures is essential. AWS and Azure experience desired.
- Experience defining technical strategy and winning large-scale opportunities.
- Strong written communication skills and experience with Federal Contracting and supporting responses to Federal solicitations (RFP, RFI, etc)
- Experience working with Infrastructure and Cloud solutions, and related company products and services and well versed in IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings
- Experience working with tools and services in the areas of Cloud orchestration, configuration management, monitoring, log aggregation and other associated service areas
- Working knowledge of Cloud management technologies such as ServiceNow, CloudCheckr, VM Turbo and others
- Experience with Cloud system and application migration and generation of related business case
- Experience developing Cloud charge back solutions
- Knowledge of PaaS offerings such as Redhat Openshift, Cloud Foundry, Docker, Kubernetes is preferred
- Knowledge designing CI/CD tool chain, PaaS, and enabling DevOps in a cloud environment
- Knowledge of security standards such as FedRAMP, FISMA and Security Requirements Guide (SRG)
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel, mostly DC metro; less than 1 week per quarter will be required to travel outside DC metro
- Must have or be able to obtain required agency clearances
- Cognizant of and able to converse with Senior Officials in the OCIO or mission technology support areas
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Master's degree in business administration, computer science, information technology or related field
- Deep knowledge of multiple cloud technologies such as AWS, MSFT Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and VCloud Air
- Architecting expertise with vCloud Air, and other converged infrastructure stacks such as CPS, HCP, and VCE
- Experience creating technology road maps and evaluating total-cost-of-ownership of solutions is preferred
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, product-line hardware and software
- Strong ability to lead and work in a team environment
- Strong writing, communication and collaboration skills including the ability to work across all levels of the organization experience advising C-level colleagues and customers.
- Strong creative thinking, problem solving, planning, time-management and organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills