Job Description HealthTECH Resources has an exciting new senior level opening for a Director of IT Development. This is a direct hire FTE position at a premier healthcare client in MA.Duties of the Director of IT Development:
What qualifications will the ideal candidate have
- Your core responsibilities will be to supervise all members of the IT Development staff, provide leadership for developing technology solutions, and align IT application development activities with business needs.
- Direct the purchase, creation, development and testing of applications to support the organization's mission.
- Plan resource and infrastructure needs through formal and informal mechanisms such as budgeting and portfolio management.
- Manage the IT application assets, assessing risk and making recommendations for appropriate actions to avoid unexpected obsolescence or other application health issues.
- Provide technical leadership by assessing the external IT environment as it relates to healthcare and making recommendations that would give a competitive advantage.
- Support the Director of IT Operations in coordinating long-term hardware and system software needs.
Why work here
- BS or Masters in Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering or similar technical field.
- 5-10 years experience in a similar position in a healthcare environment.
- Experience with health care insurance, health care providers or health care vendor organizations is preferred.
- Experience with and ability to recommend a framework for application portfolio management including demand management.
- Experience with and ability to Implement a framework of metrics for productivity and quality.
- Able to quickly assess impacts of technology and able to contribute to discussions about technology implications of alternatives.
- Reach your full potential -- this is an award winning healthcare organization, joining their team means you'll have the opportunity to be your best self each day, they actively look for ways to help employees develop and grow for their future success.
- A challenging work environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
- You'll find a friendly workplace that supports your well-being and health, in addition to your career, all in one.
Company Description HealthTECH understands that our employees are the cornerstone to our success and is proud to offer the following benefits:
* Competitive compensation: we want our team to be happy & motivated.
* Health, Vision, Dental plan options.
* Bi-Weekly pay: We never make our team wonder about their pay as they travel.
* Direct deposit/same day.
* Seasoned Travel Dept. to take care of all travel needs.