The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems.
Leidos is seeking a Tier 3 Incident Response Lead to join our team on this highly visible DHS CBP SOC Program.
The Incident Response Lead will perform the following:
- Utilize state of the art technologies such as host forensics tools(FTK/Encase), Endpoint Detection & Response tools, log analysis (Splunk) and network forensics (full packet capture solution) to perform hunt and investigative activity to examine endpoint and network-based data.
- Conduct malware analysis, host and network, forensics, log analysis, and triage in support of incident response.
- Recognize attacker and APT activity, tactics, and procedures as indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be used to improve monitoring, analysis and incident response.
- Develop and build security content, scripts, tools, or methods to enhance the incident investigation processes.
- Lead an Incident Response team and mentor junior SOC staff.
- Work with key stakeholders to implement remediation plans in response to incidents.
- Effectively investigative and identify root cause findings then communicate findings to stakeholders including technical staff, and leadership.
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning
- Ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
LeadGen LeadGenCyberExternal Referral EligibleDHSCyberCBPCyber Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
The candidate must currently possess an Secret Clearance. In addition to clearance requirement, all CBP personnel must have a current or be able to favorably pass a 5 year background investigation (BI).
Bachelors Degree in IT related field or higher and 8+ years experience in an information technology field with aminimum of 7 years of experiencein the areas of incident detection and response, malware analysis, or computer forensics.
Must have at least one of the following certifications:
SANS GIAC: GCIA, GCFA, GPEN GCFE, GREM, or GCIH ISC2 CCFP, CCSP, CISSP, CERT CSIH EC Council: CHFI, Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP and OSEE Encase: EnCE, DOD 8570: IAT L3, CNDSP Analyst or IR Carnegie Mellon: CSIHDesired skills:
- Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell
- Experience in Federal Government, DOD or Law Enforcement
- Cyber Kill Chain Knowledge
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www. Leidos. com. The company s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.