About the Position
A Sandton based development team is seeking an exceptional senior software engineer to help them in their mission of delivering world-class technology solutions to investment advisors and their clients. This is an incredible business with more than 750 dedicated investments professionals worldwide and on-the-ground presence in 20 countries.
Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience within a systems engineering environment
- 1-2 years in a senior systems engineering role
- XML, HTML, CSS
- JEE / Spring
- Open stack
- Web services
- Junit and test automation
- Strong Linux Administration skills including networking, filesystems, kernel tuning
- SCRUM experience (working in an agile environment)
Advantageous to have:
- Experience with configuration management systems e.g. Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with version control systems, specifically Git.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration Systems
- Familiarity with agile software development practices
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote, implement and improve DevOps practices, including:
- Automating configuration and change management
- Writing automated test suites to increase/maintain code coverage
- Performing code reviews
- Architect, implement and deliver systems to support the product roadmap. This includes:
- Provisioning a distributed, high performance web application and supporting services using Chef
- Translating product requirements into technical designs
- Communicating with various project stakeholders to clarify and contribute to feature requirements
- Maintain and monitor systems
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve defects
- Support engineering team practices
- Maintain continuous integration system
- automated code deployment and rollback
- Contribute to building a highly effective team
- Encourage the sharing technical knowledge and the free-flow of ideas throughout the team to build cross-functionality and expertise
- Guide team members in following systems engineering best practices
Do you want to work for a business with a Global foot print If your answer is YES then contact me NOW! And let me place you in this environment.
Reference Number for this position is SM37778 which is a permanent position based in Midrand offering a cost to company salary of up to R750k per annum negotiable on experience.
The time for change is NOW! e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates.
Email Siphamandla on Email Address or call him on Contact Number to discuss this and other opportunities.
Check out our website [URL Removed] for more positions that might be right for you!
Do you have a friend who is a technology specialist We pay BIG CASH to you if we place a friend that you sent us!
If you havent heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position