We are changing the way Micron Technology, Inc. thinks about IT Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) and are looking for an experienced Storage team member to help with the transformation of IT Operations and Engineering at Micron.
In this role, you will be a technology-focused leader in the Storage team which will have a direct reporting structure consisting of Micron team members.
This role will drive change in enterprise storage and data backup areas which will have a heavy emphasis on automation and a hybrid cloud environment while maintaining operational excellence in multiple world-class Data Center environments. Responsibilities and Tasks
You will regularly work with Microns Business Units to ensure solutions meet or exceed business requirements. You will be expected to suggest, promote, and leverage published standards to minimize environment complexity and ensure regulatory as well as license compliance.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Provide technical direction and escalation for technologies maintained within the Storage and backup space
- Conduct Team Member performance appraisals and other supervisory responsibilities
- Maintain global collaboration with the other Micron IT operations teams, both internal and external to I&O
- Drive innovation and automation within Enterprise storage and data backup areas
- This position is 75% technical leadership and 25% Management
- Maintain OLA and SLA agreements with other Micron Business Units
- Resolve conflict and manage employee performance
- Monitoring overall health of the storage environment (proactive discovery of potential issues)
- Direct and coordinate 24/7 team coverage
- Grow and maintain teams capabilities through training opportunities, mentoring and vendor conferences
- Project execution
- Manage and monitor KPIs and agreements this may include occasional travel to remote sites to meet with team members and participate in strategy meetings.
Qualifications / Experience
- Continually improve operations through routine monitoring of system performance metrics, review of system log files, trend analysis, configuration, incident and problem management processes
- Recommend and collaborate with the Engineering and Architecture group on the system or architectural changes when needed to improve performance, support growth, or incorporate new technologies
- Ensure architectural consistency and provide technical direction through use of the roadmap process, knowledge management, disaster recovery plan development and testing
- At least 5 years in managing Enterprise storage solutions, preferably
- NetApp storage systems in both NAS and SAN configurations
- EMC product lines, such as VMAX, VNX and Data Domain
- TSM, cloud and other Backup technologies
- Strong problem solving and technical resolution skills
- Strong understanding of the OSI model, particularly relating to storage transport protocols such as NFS, ISCSI, Fiber channel
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal)
- Strong skills in decision-making, prioritization, and negotiation
- Passion and accountability for the environment you will be responsible for
- Experience as a leader with multiple direct reports
B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, other technical disciplines or equivalent work experience.
Req Id: 120847