Description : Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Responsible for applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare entries to accounts such as general ledger accounts and documenting business transactions. Analyze financial information detailing commodity revenue/ expense and related assets/ liabilities.
- Perform daily/monthly settlements of standard and non-standard gas and oil fuel transactions with assigned counterparties.
- Actualize gas volumes to pipeline statements and oil volumes to bill of ladings as assigned.
- Interact daily with scheduling, deal capture, legal, trading, commercial managers, plant managers, business managers and IT as applicable to ensure deals and/or contractual terms are captured and recorded accurately in trading system and/or financials.
- Perform monthly income statement reconciliation of the Allegro Trading system to the PeopleSoft 9.0 financials to ensure accurate financials.
- Complete gross margin analysis for assigned entities to ensure accurate profit and loss presentation in the general ledger
- Support cash management process through timely preparation and analysis of invoices, payments, and collection of revenues.
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts including Accounts Receivable and Accounts - Payable on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to support stand-alone financial statements from a Gross Margin perspective for special financed based projects (plants)
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft 9.0 accounting software system beneficial
- Experience with Allegro Trading System preferred but not required
- Work above and beyond normal business hours as required by management in order to meet monthly close or project deadlines
- Solid working accounting knowledge; works independently on problems with moderate complexity.
Requirements : - Bachelor in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks, identify work priorities
- Excellent communication skills-both written and verbal
- Ability to work in an open environment, excellent team skills
- Works on problems of diverse scope ranging from moderate to complex
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 206_9354D5931D2910B5
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Calpine Corporation is helping meet the needs of an economy that demands more and cleaner sources of electricity. Founded in 1984, Calpine is a major U.S. power company, capable of delivering approximately 28,000 megawatts of clean, cost-effective, reliable and fuel-efficient electricity to customers and communities in 20 states in the U.S. and Canada. Contact Info
- Houston, TX View Company Profile
Dont miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.