It is the primary responsibility of the VIP Services Representative to answer telephones in a friendly and timely manner, establish rapport, and provide excellent service by answering questions, resolving disputes and adhering to guest requests. Proactively resolve guest issues that arise, including the coordination of departmental assistance when necessary. Notify supervisor/manager of any suspicious or unusual activity and/or transactions in a timely and responsible manner. - Answer ACD (automatic call distribution) line in a friendly, professional and timely manner.
- Assists guests with booking, changing or inquiring about reservations.
- Issues complementary amenities based upon specific casino guidelines for levels of play.
- Ability to read, understand and evaluate casino play.
- Suggests activities and books reservations as it pertains to guest entertainment, dining, and other services.
- Promotes the companys outlets and amenities by educating guests on restaurants, shows, and other outlets such as spa, retail, and pool.
- Ensures guest information is updated and accurate at all times, such as their addresses, phone numbers, guest profiles and preferences.
- Provides excellent service consistent with the propertys core service standards and brand attributes.
- Assists casino hosts, VIP Lounge, M life Rewards Desk, Special Events, Box Office and other departments with information regarding casino guests.
- Performs all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
Required: - At least 6 months of experience handling high-volume calls and multi-line phones.
- At least 1 year of guest service experience.
- Ability to multi task in various situations.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to understand guest service needs.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow directions thoroughly.
- Ability to be prioritized and organized.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
Preferred: - Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.