Position Description Premier technical support is a new and exciting Lenovo division. As a Premier Technical Support Specialist, you will work with customers in resolving technical issues beyond the standard level one support most provide. This position is a technical role within the Premier Technical Support team based in Morrisville, NC. In this role, you be delivering our best in class support to Lenovos customers. As part of your work you will provide support via email and phone while accurately diagnosing reported problems within our clients product environment (notebooks, desktops, and tablets), dispatching parts and service to customer sites as needed. You will also be handling customer escalations with support from our Level 2 Engineers and Technical Account Managers as needed. The ideal candidate will be highly technical and have an inner drive to learn even more as part of a growing team. Daily activities include but are not limited to:
- Assist customers and field engineers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical or service related issues
- Troubleshoot to identify hardware and software issues in many different customer environments.
- Advise and educate customers through a combination of experience/documentation to ensure a solution.
- Translate complex technical details/instructions to each customers level
- Provide closed loop feedback on recurring issues with teammates and relevant engineering staff
- Work with Technical Account Managers (TAM) to monitor and track issues to ensure accurate resolution.
- Actively monitor case workload and drive to closure within SLAs. Position Requirements Knowledge/Experience with Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Products, and Command line troubleshooting Knowledge/Experience with Network Hardware/Software setup and troubleshooting, including wireless networks Knowledge/Experience working with Workstations and RAID Storage Arrays Knowledge/Experience with computer Peripherals and their interfaces Knowledge/Experience with PC Products (Desktop, Notebook, and Tablets), experience with Lenovo hardware is a plus Proven troubleshooting skills Proficient communication skills at all levels - written and verbal Superior customer service skills Quick learner with a proven ability to learn new and changing technologies Multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize in a fast paced, dynamic work environment Able to problem solve and think laterally Experience within an IT Services environment Experience diagnosing and repairing computer hardware Project Management experience is a plus
- 2 - 3+ years of experience in a Client Technical Support role
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Desirable Certifications - MCSE, MCP, CCNA, or TAFE Qualification in a relevant field - or Industry Technical Certifications from a Tier 1 IT Vendor. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.