The OSA (field adjusters and catastrophe team) Technical/Desktop Support Technician is responsible for proactively and reactively handling the technology needs, requirements and issue resolution for the various OSA and catastrophe adjusters across all of North America.
The OSA Technical/Desktop Support Technician will work with various teams including the NA End User Services and NA Infrastructure teams to assist, support and expedite issue resolution and will serve as an escalation point of contact for those teams.
This position mandates a high level of interaction and engagement with OSA and catastrophe team members and staff to assist, help and resolve technical, software and desktop issues.
The role requires on call support and is responsible for all technology support; including but not limited to configuration and troubleshooting of a wide range of technology including desktops, laptops, and mobile devices for OSA and catastrophe team members and staff.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Accountable for ensuring all technology/software and end user connectivity issues are resolved in a timely manner - Actively works with customers to understand their business and technology needs - Actively works with NA End User Services and NA Infrastructure teams to ensure proactive notification of pending changes to desktop, software and hardware - Works closely with all OSA and catastrophe adjusters/team members and staff personnel to respond and resolve technical and system issues - End-to-end responsibility for communicating clear, concise and timely updates
- High level of customer focus with due care and attention to priority issues - Ensures maximum satisfaction for customers - Potential for limited travel and remote support of OSA and catastrophe adjusters when necessary
IT Industry Knowledge
- Maintains a solid understanding of the major service issues impacting customers - Maintains a broad industry perspective on relevant best practices for desktop, laptop and mobile device technology. - Strong understanding of best practices in incident management.
- Maintains strong communication when approaching issues with an ability to assess quickly, facilitate resolution with the appropriate parties and respond with a sense of urgency. - Use active listening to understand end user needs, and recommend the appropriate solutions. - Become proficient in supporting both Legacy Ace and Legacy Chubb Executive Technologies
- Ensure documentation is captured appropriately and is easily accessible to all team members including; C laim business, NA End User Services and NA Infrastructure teams - Ability to create FAQs and process documentation to support end user workflows and processes
- Strong service delivery focus and customer management skills - PC hardware and software troubleshooting skills and experience - Knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365/Outlook, laptops/tablets and mobile assets such as iPads and iPhones - Knowledge of on premises and cloud platform connectivity and technologies including networking fundamentals, , LAN/WAN integration, IP Networking, Wireless networks, VPN and remote computing - Use of discretion in handling confidential information; with a clear understanding of the responsibility and compliance related to elevated system access as it pertains strictly to claim business support - Ability to work within the various Chubb processes including NA End User Services, NA Infrastructure teams and claim operations - Action and closure oriented; results driven, ability to define and implement solutions - Ability to work independently and to manage competing priorities - Excellent skills/abilities in: organization, planning, multi-tasking, flexibility - Good written and verbal communication skills - Demonstrate conflict and situation management skills - Ability to actively participate as part of a team