For Siemens Senior Control System Engineering Project Manager job - Engineering - Harleysville, Pennsylvania Skip to Main Content
- - - -
- Our Stories - FAQS - My Dashboard
- US Applications - Global Applications
- My Dashboard
- US Applications - Global Applications
- Our Stories - FAQS -
- Careers Home - Search Jobs
Senior Control System Engineering Project Manager
Locations: Harleysville, Pennsylvania
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Process Industries and Drives Business Unit: Country Division Controller Requisition Number: ****** Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville Assignment Category: Full-time regular Experience Level: Senior level Education Required Level: Bachelors Degree Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Process Industries Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness. For more information, please visit: *************************************************************************
Senior Control System Engineering Project Managers execute Distributed Control System (DCS) and Manufacturing Execution System (MES) projects based on SIMATIC PCS 7 and/or SIMATIC IT eBR, lead cross-functional teams, and deliver engineered solutions to customers with a focus on the Life Sciences industry.
Manages complex projects and leads project organization, design, planning, implementation and control during delivery of engineering projects based on SIMATIC PCS 7 and SIMATIC IT eBR
Interprets and applies GAMP 5, ISA S95, and S88 standards; develops validation documentation
Designs technical standards, identifies critical paths, develops execution plans, and manages all aspects of automation projects from bid development to successful deployment
Reports to the Solutions Engineering Director within the Automation Engineering (AE) Business Unit
- Manage multiple automation projects including greenfield applications, legacy control system modernizations, and system expansions with a focus on the pharmaceutical and chemical industries - Solicit and evaluate bids from multiple subcontractors and coordinate with several third party companies, partners, and affiliates to manage project requirements - Manage engineering resources including Lead Engineers, Project Engineers, and Engineering Technicians assigned to various projects - Develop engineering estimates and support the proposal development team - Coordinate with adjacent Business Unit resources including Project Management, Technical Sales Support, Marketing, and Field Service to ensure the successful deployment and support of delivered solutions - Participate in resource planning and support the sales cycle in the pursuit of new business
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Candidates must have demonstrated successful project management experience in Siemens PCS 7 Distributed Control System (DCS) or other DCS projects
Candidates must have experience with Siemens SIMATIC IT eBR or another Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
5-10 years of experience in control system engineering (DCS and/or MES)
5-10 years of experience working in an FDA validated industry or plant
Working knowledge of validation requirements and applicable ISA standards
Experience with continuous and batch processes / applications
BS in engineering
Communication, presentation and negotiation skills
Travel requirements will be a function of assigned projects and will likely range from periods of light travel (5-10%) to periods of higher travel (50%)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MS in Engineering preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience as a project engineer
Exposure to validation requirements specific to pharmaceutical industry
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
Cant find what you are looking for? Lets stay connected
Cant find what you are looking for?
US Only: Review Accommodations for Disability
Siemens AG, 1996 - 2019