Our client is a technology transformation company working on some of the most advanced telecommunication technologies like Edge-Cloud, Software Defines Access Technologies, 5G, IOT and so on. They are on a mission to create world class networking products. This position is for one of such new product initiatives that is going to be developed out of their Bangalore R&D center and deployed across large telecom operator networks across the world.
Position : Lead/Staff Engineer - Platform (Staff Engineer is senior to Lead Engineer). ONLY PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CANDIDATES ARE BEING CONSIDERED. OTHERS NEED NOT APPLY.
Education : PhD / Post Graduate / Graduate degree in Engineering with Computer Science / Electronics
Experience : 8+ years of experience in telecom industry on product requirements, development
Location : Bangalore
Compensation : Competitive and commensurate with candidate caliber and experience
Role Responsibilities and Desired Profile :
- Owns one or more software modules, guardian of module software quality.
- Working with Architects and Team of Engineers to design and develop product features.
- Understanding systems and software requirements for all changes affecting the owned module.
- Create product design and feature documentation.
- Contribution toward thought leadership, standards activities in collaboration with Architects.
- Position reports to Engineering Manager
Industry Experience :
- 8+ years of experience in telecom industry on product requirements, development.
Working experience in any of these : Networking Product Development (Switching, Routing, Fabric). L2/L3 Control and Data Plane development.
Core telecom domain : PON/xGPON/FTTH (Desirable).
- Well versed with Agile/Scrum software development life cycles and processes.
- Development experience in Telecom / Datacom / Enterprise (wireline or wireless) products.
Skill Set :
- Excellent programming, debugging capabilities in C/ C++ / Java / Python / GoLang, debuggers.
- Experienced in debugging, problem solving skills.
- Experience in debugging field issues highly desirable.
- Platform (2 or more mandatory)
- Hands on experience working with Linux set-up, configuration, bootloader/Firmware, Linux BSP and SDK and Knowledge of IPMI or in-band management is highly desirable.
- OS / Linux and packages like DHCP, NFS, PXE-Boot, IPMC/IPMI.
- Linux network device drivers, physical device drivers and hardware integration.
- Changing the BIOS and BMC as per standard specifications.
Domain (Mandatory- Any one) :
- Hands on experience on: FTTH technologies - GPON, XGPON, OLT/ONT, EPON, PON management technologies
- OMCI, SIEPON. ONIE, Open Network Linux (ONL), ONOS, Open switch Specification. Networking.