LEAD/STAFF ENGINEER -DATA PLANE @ Bangalore, India
Our client is a technology transformation company working on some of the most advanced telecommunication technologies like Edge-Cloud, Software Defines Access Technologies, 5G, IOT and so on. They are on a mission to create world class networking products. This position is for one of such new product initiatives that is going to be developed out of their Bangalore R&D center and deployed across large telecom operator networks across the world.
Position : LEAD/STAFF ENGINEER -DATA PLANE (Staff Engineer is senior to Lead Engineer). ONLY PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CANDIDATES ARE BEING CONSIDERED. OTHERS NEED NOT APPLY.
Education : PhD / Post Graduate / Graduate degree in Engineering with Computer Science / Electronics
Experience : 8+ years of experience in telecom industry on product requirements, development
Location : Bangalore
Compensation : Competitive and commensurate with candidate caliber and experience
Role Responsibilities and Desired Profile :
- Owns one or more software modules, guardian of module software quality. Working with Architects and Team of Engineers to design and develop product features. Understanding systems and software requirements for all changes affecting the owned module.
- Create product design and feature documentation. Contribution toward thought leadership, standards activities in collaboration with Architects. Reports to Engineering Manager
Industry Experience : 8+ years of experience in telecom industry on product requirements, development.
Working experience in any of these : Networking Product Development (Switching, Routing, Fabric). L2/L3Data Plane development.
Core telecom domain : PON/xGPON/FTTx.
- Well versed with Agile/Scrum software development life cycles and processes. Development experience in Telecom / Datacom / Enterprise (wireline or wireless) products.
Mandatory Skill Set (3 or more) :
- Excellent programming, debugging capabilities in C/ C++, ability to use debuggers. Programming data plane packet processing with any ASIC or NPU and its associated tool-kit.
- L2/L3 networking technologies and associated protocols on data path [especially data forwarding] including protocols like TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLAN, VRF, VPN, LAG, GRE, VXLAN, L2VPN, IGMP, ARP, ICPM, IPv4/v6, MPLS, ERPS, STP, SRG, PIM, etc.;
- Exp in flow classification and filtering are mandatory.
- Knowledge of SDN, SDN controllers, virtual switching / OVS, OpenFlow/P4 based switching. Linux network programming, Linux networking tools and Linux Traffic Control. Broadcom SDK, NOS, Fastpath and experience in Broadcom Trident, Tomahawk switches or any other switch management software.
- Experienced in debugging, problem solving. Experience in debugging field issues highly desirable.
Desirable Skills :
- Experience in Qumran/Broadcom NPUs NP4/NP5/NPS and Qumran/Broadcom NPUs SDK. Knowledge of ACL, CLI and Load balancing is an advantage.