The role MDM Developer is responsible for installation, design, development and management of Master Data Management (MDM) solutions for EXL clients. Using MDM technologies and tools, this role enables the management and integration of master data in an enterprise landscape.
- Using MDM technologies and tools across an enterprise to enable the management and integration of master data.
- He will also be involved in integration/transfer of data across multiple systems, streamlining data processes and providing access to MDM data across the enterprise.
Essential Duties :
- (40%) With minimal guidance, translates logical MDM data models into physical models, including related metadata, and configure the data model within MDM software.
- Configure features of the MDM software to satisfy functional and technical project requirements (hierarchies, match/merge, workflow, user interfaces, security, etc.).
- Make technical design decisions in accordance with best practices and standards. (20%) Contribute to master data management best practices and implementation methodologies by reviewing, updating, developing documents such as templates, presentations, trainings, etc. Lead and mentor junior developers in MDM standards, best practices, etc.
- (10%) Installation and Configuration of the MDM software to be used in the project, including assisting the client in creating the environments needed (e.g., Dev/Test/Prod/Backup).
- (10%) Assist the Integration Developer in creating source to target mappings, batch and real-time integrations between source systems, the MDM Hub, and consuming systems. (10%) Assist the MDM Architect in technical architecture design, development, and review.
- Assist the Data Analyst in performing data profiling and data quality analysis. (10%) Assist in Testing with the QA team. Other duties as requested or assigned.
Primary Internal Interactions :
- Coordinate with MDM practice leadership
- Coordinate with Project Managers and participate in project planning and recurring meetings
- Collaborate with technical team members
Primary External Interactions :
- Work with client personnel (project managers, architects, analysts, developers) as required to support the technical implementation of MDM solutions
Organizational Relationships :
Reports To : EDM India Practice Lead (VP) - over time, this will evolve
Technical Skills :
Must Haves :
- Knowledge of Informatica MDM.
- Proficiency in MDM foundational concepts and data modeling concepts
- Experience with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of MDM solutions, leveraging MDM platforms such Orchestra Networks EBX5, Informatica MDM Multidomain Edition, and Informatica Cloud Customer 360.
- Experience in Informatica Power Centre is a plus
- At least 2 years of experience in Informatica MDM tool working with data and databases, including data profiling and analysis.
- Must be comfortable with the concepts of data integration, data quality, web services, message queues, and their interaction with MDM systems.
- Experience with version control technology (Git, Subversion, CVS, etc.)
- Experience with Java dependency management and build automation tools (Gradle, Ant, Ivy, etc.)
Process Specific Skills :
- Ability to quickly adapt to varying technical environments and project teams.
Soft skills (Desired) :
- Experience working with multi-divisional business communities to leverage information across the enterprise to improve business effectiveness
- Demonstrates understanding and competency with approaches/methodologies for at least one EDM area and applies this knowledge in collaborating with the team to design effective solutions to solve business problems/issues.
- Produces high-quality results and deliverables that meet client needs.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of and utilizes DSC methodology documents to efficiently complete assigned roles and associated tasks.
- Independently drafts complete detail documentation templates (i.e., Design Specs, Test Plans, etc.) that have a professional appearance for review by managers.
- Deals effectively with all team members and builds strong working relationships/rapport with them.
- Demonstrates ability to organize tasks and time necessary to complete assigned tasks/deliverables.
- Demonstrates ability to motivate team members and assist them in meeting their goals and commitments.
Soft Skills (Minimum) :
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written/oral communication and presentation/interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Education Requirements : Bachelors degree
Work Experience Requirements :
- 4-6 years of experience developing data management solutions. At least 2 years of experience developing MDM solutions. Must have leadership experience along with client communication.
Annexures : Acknowledgement (acknowledge that the information contained in this document is factual and complete)