- TDM, SONET, IP and Ethernet design and deployment.
- Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF)-based service design and implementation.
- UNI, EVC, and circuit deployment.
- xPON and xDSL design and deployment.
Job Requirements :
- Basic understanding of Fixed Wireless Broadband technology.
- Circuit analysis, design, and implementation including updating and maintaining circuit inventories in the appropriate systems/databases.
- Understand how to operationalize network designs in order to deploy builds
- Must be familiar with basic telephony record-keeping principals and methodologies to ensure company inventories and asset management is maintained or improved.
- Preferred knowledge in Adtran, Calix, Nokia, and Fujitsu.
Description of Work Performed :
- After receiving a Planning package, perform detailed broadband-related engineering designed to expand or maintain the capacity of the Access telephony network - to deploy new technology as well as upgrade existing network elements.
- This includes, but is not limited to, projects designed to place xPON network elements, xDSL DSLAMs, customer Network Interface Devices (NIDs), equipment plug-ins and SFPs, and any related ancillary equipment.
- This work includes creating all related packages sent to downstream teams who manage material ordering, construction, installation, and provisioning.
Tools Exposure :
1. M6 : Circuit Provisioning and Inventory System
2 DPI : Customer circuit/service inventorying system
3. Varasset : Project implementation system for downstream build teams
4. Infinium : detailed project creation system used to create and maintain material orders, asset tracking, labor hours, provisioning instructions, and corporate capital/expense tracking
5. FROGS : OSP GIS-based record-keeping platform
6. NMARS : Circuit and network element capacity tracking/reporting system
7. Vendor EMS systems
8. Various Microsoft Databases (IOF fiber databases, etc.)
9. Various Sharepoints (Network Architecture standards, etc.)