BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
The Client Referential team in ISPL is responsible to process creation and the updates of the referential data of the Counterparts and the other Static Data modules and ensure the permanent quality of these data contained in the Global Referential database CRDS and other systems that require client level information updated, across multiple countries and regions like APAC, EMEA and North America.
The Client Referential Officer will assist duties within CIB Client Management Referential team on activities pertaining to client, account and SSI maintenance, MIS and front office support. This is inclusive of data analysis, maintenance and continuous review and improvement on existing processes with a high awareness of risk, and in line with the internal control framework.
Client Referential Team engages with different levels of the bank in ensuring client referential data integrity without compromising on controls across different business lines and products.
1. Ensuring the referential systems/ static data are kept up-to-date and in timely manner
2. Ensuring procedures exist and are followed and continuously maintained to ensure data are captured in systems in adhering to the instructions from clients/internal departments.
3. Produce Control and front office reports in a timely manner
4. Obtaining company search reports from local/foreign company registries
5. Public news and market alert check from external public sources
6. Be the first entry point to assist internal stake holders on general enquiries related to the clients referential information
7. Invoice management
8. Act as a subject matter expert and provide support to change initiatives of the bank
Contributing Responsibilities 1. Provide a production and a quality of service towards multiple Business lines/functions and in turn to
2. Active participation in regular review of operational procedural changes /requirements during processing
function / staff meetings.
3. Active participation in Projects / System Changes / UAT / new system implementation when required.
4. Contribute to develop & propose ideas for a better partnership with Business and On-shore
5. Prepare MIS/KPI reports as and when required or requested by stakeholders
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
1. Degree holder or equivalent
2. 1.5-2 years of relevant experience in managing a production environment
3. Familiar with a banks internal control framework
4. Prior exposure to the financial services industry highly preferred, especially on the corporate banking business
5. Excellent computer skills on Microsoft Excel (VBA is a plus), Word, Powerpoint, Share point, Outlook
6. Excellent communication skills in English
1. Not afraid to go the extra mile to achieve goals
2. A good team player with pro-active working attitude
3. Analytical and detailed oriented
4. Ability to manage the expectations and timeline of internal clients
5. Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
6. Structure and organized in day-to-day work
7. Exhibit collaborative approach and solution driven
Specific Qualifications (if required)
1. University Graduate 2. More than 1.5-2 years experience in Banking Industry with min. 2 year in Referential is a strong plus
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)