Join a team of energetic entrepreneurs that set out to change the energy sector. There is so much to do. We constantly add new distribution partners in new countries to our network. We constantly work on the development of innovative technical solutions, as well as interesting supporting instruments to grow the market, and accelerate growth for ourselves and our partners. And we need you to help us there!
Without you, we end up getting stuck with ad hoc hacking new features and quick fixes into our Online Platform. We want you to bring our Platform to the next level, with well thought-out, simple and elegant functionalities, both in user experience and technology. In the chaos and time constraints of our company, you find the focus and time to get to the bottom of requirements and technical challenges and come with a suitable solution that is both practical and future-proof. You play a vital role in scoping, designing, developing and testing our software and bringing it to production.
What you will be doing
- You will develop, deliver and maintain the Platform together with the rest of the Team. You create automated tests for your own code and test integration with other software.
- You keep a keen eye on the architecture Platform, balancing long-term technical vision with short-term pragmatism to deliver.
- You constantly keep the users in mind and try to gather information and understand them, so you will develop the most useful and simple solution.
- You take a deep dive into technical challenges which arrive, you will search, call, simulate, experiment and continue as is required till you have nailed it.
- You continuously learn on software development, frameworks, UI best practices, automated testing, continuous integration/ delivery/deployment, software architecture and cloud infrastructure, so you will be the teams go to person to advise on improvements and technical direction.
Who you are
- You are bright and have at least 4 years hand-on working experience in 2 of the following skills: Back-end Development / Front-end Development / Automated Testing (CI/CD) / Cloud Infrastructure
- You have this experience in a modern Tech Stack. Our Tech Stack is NodeJS, Vue, GraphQL, MySQL and Google Cloud Platform. Experience in these is a pre. However, if your experience is in another modern Tech Stack and you are willing to switch and learn, that is also fine.
- You preferably have affinity with one or more of the following skills: UI/UX design / Software Architecture / Embedded Software Development
- You have an analytical and problem-solving attitude by which you find your way towards solving technical problems by logical thinking, finding the required help on forums, through your network, actually talking to someone or in some other way.
- You enjoy working in an energetic environment on ad-hoc jobs and where everything has to be ready yesterday.
- You truly care about documenting well.
- You have experience and passion for working Agile.
- You have the ambition to grow to Senior Software Developer.
What you get
- A competitive salary
- Unlimited days off, as long as you promise to come back.
- An extraordinarily welcoming and inspiring work environment, with everyday fresh lunch, snacks, monthly drinks, and an informal office in a cool spot.
- Travel allowance.
- The ability to be part of a movement that change lives of many people in the world.
Spark builds the ecosystem for the energy networks of tomorrow, and thats quite an interesting challenge. We have an innovative product solution that we sell to local distribution companies in Africa. We support these partners with financial instruments. We build our own software platform to facilitate payments over time, so we can even reach the people at the bottom of the pyramid. We increasingly have people on the ground to really grasp whats happening out there. And this is only the beginning. New solutions are in development, and our growth ambitions are serious. We are here to make a lasting impact.