Network Support Engineer - London, 35,000 - 40,000
We're working with a leading global provider of network & connectivity services - they're using the latest of technologies and doing things and offering services that only some tech companies can dream off. They are recruiting for a Network Support Engineer to join their Global Technical Support team and supporting their ever growing client base.
This customer has an extensive training program in place to develop new Support Engineers. Candidates will be trained on the job, through internal workshops from Senior engineers and via an extensive access to 3rd party
training. This role will be perfect for someone that a thirst for learning new technologies and problem solving.
They are ideally looking to talk to candidate that have a degree background (or equivalent certifications/professional exams) and 2 years commercial experience within a customer facing technical support role within an ISP/MSP.
Essenital Experience for the Network Support Engineer:
- An excellent in-depth understanding of computer networking, TCP/IP and VLANs a necessity
- A preliminary understanding of routing protocols such as BGP & OSPF & ISIS, whilst knowledge of MPLS being an advantage
- Experience with networking devices and the concepts they exemplify (Switches, Routers, Firewalls, access points from vendors such as Fortinet, Arista, Juniper, Brocade, Cisco, HP, Dell or Palo Alto)
- Experience of the configuration of Firewalls and establishing IPSec VPNs
- Knowledge of security mechanisms and components for both networking and computing (eg, Firewalls, Routers, IDS, passwords, encryption/decryption)
If you have the above technical skills and want to work in a dynamic and forward-thinking environment this would be a great role for you.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Danielle Keegan, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to 1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).