We are now seeking an experienced Data Engineer to support the day-to-day operations of DISH Media Data & Analytics. As a Data Scientist you will work collaboratively with internal teams and external data partners to deliver insights to the Targeting and Attribution Media Sales teams in effort to drive revenue. The Data Scientist will construct automated processes through Scripting languages, using data to identify and create models of an advertisers target audience, measuring the success of an advertisers campaign and providing visualization through self-service tools are just a few of the day to day tasks this team is responsible for. You would architect and develop new advertising products using state of the art machine learning algorithms either in a big data environment such as Hadoop or in a cloud-based environment such as AWS. As the most Senior Data Scientist on an 10 person the team and would be expected to demonstrating thought leadership by driving decision, attending conferences and promoting yourself as subject matter expert on topics such subscriber and network viewership trends.
- Experience working with IT and/or DBAs in respect to projects involving large databases
- R programming language
- Media Industry or experience with 3rd part syndicated viewership and sales data
- Understanding of Targeting and segmentation for marketing/advertising - Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a STEM related field
- Bachelors Degree from a four-year college or university; advanced degree in a STEM field preferred. AWS Certification highly valued.
- 5+ years of working experience with Data Science/Analytics, utilizing SQL, python, and data visualization tools