on 11 August 15
One popular technology to securely access the internet for certain tasks like sharing your work or online transactions and browsing can be accomplished safely through VPN (virtual private network). VPN ensures, businesses security by blocking hackers intercepting the encrypted data. A VPN is a virtual secure physical network for an enterprise where a web of computers linked together to share files and other resources. But VPNs connect to the outside world on the Internet, and they encrypt outgoing and incoming internet traffic to corporate assets.
Activities you perform online by a public network is 'encrypted' and appears to be anonymous; hackers and sniffers who intended to break into your internet connection for stealing sensitive information will not be able to capture it because your web traffic is protected as hidden. Websites you go for browsing, inserting username and password, online conversations, and the downloaded, uploaded and shared files will be accessible by third-parties trying to peep your online movements to sniff your sensitive information.
As a business grows with time, it gets expanded to multiple shops, offices or even chain across the world. To keep things running efficiently and securely, you have at least five effective reasons to apply VPN for internet security.
- Data security over non-secured internet connections: You can use VPN connect securely on a remote network accessing internet connection. Most enterprises maintain VPN connection for the employees to securely access shared files, applications, printers, and other resources located on the office network. If you are a personal user, you can also safely access your home network while you are on the outside. When accessing public Wi-Fi at a coffee shop or any other place VPN service encrypts your online traffic hides you from people who are intended to steal your sensitive information and browsing activities.
- Virtually bypass geographic web blocks: Websites restricts content to some specific locations which can be disappointing if you are willing to access it. In this case, simply connect to the VPN server locations in the country you are desired to gain virtual access.
- VPN maintains privacy with everything going on your computer. A VPN will automatically turns you anonymous and encrypt all applications running on your computer whether web browser, instant chat with a client, online purchasing or file sharing.
- Multiple Network Connection: VPN specifically focus on connecting multiple networks. Thatâs the reason why many businesses either big or small start implementing VPN to their shared servers across the globe.
- Data Encryption: To make sure that your online browsing and information is not shared over the internet access, connect to an encrypted VPN service while you are on a public or any other un trusted network like Wi-Fi hotspot.VPN ensures the smart, simple security and privacy practice. Because the VPN encrypts all your information like your incoming ongoing and outgoing internet traffic.
- Censorship and internet restriction: The World Wide Web is sometimes not so liberal to serve as world-wide access for some countries as its domains get restricted to some specific locations by the internet service providers. VPN gives an option to bypass the censorship and restrictions imposed by the internet service provider or government authority.
Maria is a 20 year old part time writer. She is extremely passionate about test internet security 2013 and loves to write reviews on everything that interests her.