Can life get any better than this? Look, there you are on your most comfortable position, indulging on chocolate-coated almonds while reading this article with your trend-setting smartphone. What more can you ask for? Then, a few hours from now, Iâm sure that youâll be sitting in front of your ginormous LED TV to watch a marathon of your favorite soap. And just before heading to bed to rest your weary eyes, you first are going to check all the happenings, interesting or just routine, that had come about through social media till you realize the next day that you fell asleep before hitting the Like button. What a productive day that was, donât you think?
It seems that you've taken advantage of technology too much to the point that it in actuality is the one that has already taken advantage of you. Try to keep this habit, and youâll definitely be reduced to ashes. Okay, I think Iâm being too extreme here, but you get my point. Too much technology in your life is harmful. If you still aren't convinced, take a look at the items below to see how it can ruin your life.
1. Too much commotion. Interaction is certainly a good thing, but when it reaches to an unimaginable magnitude, it starts to disturb our peace and tear us asunder. Try to limit your virtual life in a few chosen social networks in order to expose yourself only to the right amount of stimuli that wonât make you throw up. Donât stress yourself with unnecessary hullabaloos; just keep it within your limits.
2. Keeping everything online. Everything that we say online remains. Hence, we should always be careful with whatever we associate ourselves and others into. And when we lose our cool and start venting out, it usually never ends well. If thereâs a sensitive matter you have to settle, keep it personal. Donât broadcast it in the open so as not to complicate things.
3. Catalyst for miscommunication. Words are merely 7 percent of the totality of communication. And when we converse with someone else sans the remaining 93 percent, expect miscommunication to ensue. And whatâs worse is that if thereâs already tension, itâs more likely to grow to epic proportions.
4. Issues of the heart. It is but seldom normal that what we think and what we feel aren't congruent to each other. Our brain says yes, but our heart says no. The message they convey often gets misconstrued; therefore, matters of the heart should have no business online. Keep it personal.
5. Getting too involved. Immersing ourselves in the company of our handheld devices has become an addiction nowadays. Just go in a public place, and youâll see people fiddling with their phones nonstop. They fail to acknowledge their surroundings just because theyâre too engrossed with their online activities. When youâre in the company of real people, do your very best in disconnecting from your virtual life even just for a while.
6. Paying less attention. This is just downright unpardonable. There are those who take huge risks keeping themselves distracted while doing something requiring their much needed concentration. One example would have to be during driving, and distracted driving is one major cause of vehicular accidents across the globe. If you donât value your life that much, then donât implicate others with your lack of responsibility.
So, with all these, Iâm definitely sure you know what to do. Practice moderation, and everything will turn out just fine.
This review is listed under Development & Implementations Community