This course teaches beginning Linux shell scripting in the Bash shell. The emphasis in the course is on the scripting language itself: using scripts to automate common tasks, and the logic within the language used to control the execution of the script.
This is the second part of the Linux course series from EDUMobile Academy.
This course is the lite version of our main course i.e. "Learn Bash Shell in Linux for Beginners". In the first unit of the course, we’ll explore the shell environment itself, and cover such topics as:
- a simple hello world script
- making scripts executable
- why we run a script with a ./ and how to remove it
- running a script to act upon the currently running shell
- variables and how to use them
- the .bashrc file
I hope you join me for this beginner’s guide to the bash scripting language!