Wordpress 101 For Entrepreneurs: The Quick & Easy Install Cheatsheet
This course is about how to install Wordpress. In this course, you will learn how to purchase a domain name, set-up a hosting account and install a custom Wordpress theme. The bonus materials will include how to create a child theme, set-up FTP account and configure Google Apps for Work so you can have Gmail for your domain.
Materials Included: Downloadable PDF Cheatsheet/Resource Guide for step-by-step instructions. Also included is a Photoshop file to create a child theme thumbnail.
Duration:This class can be completed in under one hour. My suggestion is to watch the class and then use the PDF to install your own Wordpress website.
Who is This Class For?: Entrepreneurs who have a great idea, but are intimidated by launching a website. This class demonstrates just how simple it is to launch a website and creating a website is the first step in moving forward with your next big thing. If you are technically intimidated or not sure how to get started in Wordpress, this class is for you
The Quick & Easy Cheatsheet:
- Pre-Launch: Organize Assets & Plan
- Pre-Launch: Domain Name, Hosting Company & Purchase Custom Theme
- Step 1: Add Domain To Bluehost (Or Any Host)
- Step 2: Change NameServers On GoDaddy (Or Where You Purchased Domain)
- Step 3: Install Worpdress on BlueHost (Or Hosting Company)
- Step 4: Log in To Your Shiny New Website
- Step 5: Install Premium Wordpress Theme (Divi by Elegant Themes)
- Bonus Lesson: Create Child Theme (You'll be happy later)
- Bonus Lesson: Set Up FTP on BlueHost (handy)
- Bonus Lesson: Set Up Gmail For Your Domain (my personal favorite)
Not covered in this class:This class does not cover customizing or designing your site after install (Stay tuned for Part II)