This hands-on course is designed to teach you how to quickly build apps using the MarkLogic NoSQL database and the XQuery programming language.
You will¬†learn to¬†use¬†core features of the¬†MarkLogic platform¬†including:
- Architecture and scalability
- Managing data (XML, JSON, Binaries, text, RDF triples¬†and document¬†metadata)
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- Performing¬†ACID database transactions
- Search (including geospatial search, geoencoding, and map integration)
- Security (MarkLogic provides a¬†Common Criteria certified security model)
To be successful in the course, students should have familiarity with databases, at least one programming language, and some web development background. ¬†Students should also complete the free prerequisite course on Udemy titled Fundamentals of the MarkLogic NoSQL Database.
The course is designed to be very hands-on. Each video discussion is followed with a hands-on lab. ¬†All the necessary software is free to download and comes with a free developer license.
Course materials including¬†sample¬†data, code examples, and step-by-step instructions for completing the hands-on labs¬†are provided via a free download.