About the course
The course fully covers the following topics:
- Introduction I - About the course, course audience, relevant Operating Systems, course overview, about the instructor.
- Introduction II - The structure of the demonstration network, What is SSH?, What is OpenSSH?, Components of the OpenSSH suite.
- Part 1 - Installation and Basic Setup
- Part 2 - Using OpenSSH - The Basics
- Part 3 - Setting Up SSH Keys
- Part 4 - X11 Forwarding Over SSH
- Part 5 - Securing an OpenSSH Server
- Part 6 - Executing Commands Remotely Over SSH
- Part 7 - File Transfer Using SFTP
- Part 8 - File Transfer Using Rsync Over SSH
All videos include practical demonstrations, using the Linux Command Line Interface (Bash CLI).
The Demonstration Lab
The course demonstrates the material using two Linux systems: Fedora 22 (as the client) and CentOS 7 (as the server). Notice that any other Linux distribution may also be used instead of the above. Note that the vast majority of the material taught in this course, is just as relevant for the following Operating Systems as well: Mac OS X, Unix & Windows 10.