OpenStack is an open source cloud computing platform that is rapidly gaining popularity in enterprise data centres. It is one of the most used cloud infrastructures to support software development and Big Data analytics.
This Integrated Course will get you started with OpenStack, showing you how to build and operate a virtual computing environment and deploy OpenStack to build a private cloud.
Starting off with the fundamentals, we'll gently build on them and move towards advanced topics. Through this course, you'll acquire all the skills you need to manage a cloud platform using OpenStack. We'll not only demystify the cloud, but you'll also take a big leap from being a cloud user to being able to build your own cloud.
You'll develop your skills in OpenStack development by learning how to automate tasks. Work on any vendor's OpenStack software or be vendor-neutral and work on any cloud platform. You will learn to integrate OpenStack with your organization's identity management, provisioning, and billing systems. Then, you will move on to use enterprise security guidelines for your OpenStack deployment.
We will conclude by covering techniques to scale, monitor, and troubleshoot issues that might come up on this journey.
By the end of this course, you will be able to build your own custom cloud with OpenStack.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Launch a mini cloud with the installation of OpenStack
- Review the components of OpenStack networking and take a look at how they work together to coordinate network operations
- Explore storage services and horizontal scaling to support the expected load of a cloud platform
- Be comfortable working on any cloud service provider, be it AWS, Rackspace, and so on
- Integrate OpenStack with your organization's identity management, provisioning, and billing systems
- Automate tasks via the OpenStack Python REST API
- Resolve issues in your application by troubleshooting
- Use enterprise security guidelines for your OpenStack deployment
What’s special about this course?
We've spent the last decade working to help developers stay relevant. The structure of this course is a result of deep and intensive research into what real-world developers need to know in order to be job-ready. We don't spend too long on theory, and focus on practical results so that you can see for yourself how things work in action.
We have combined the best of the following Packt products:
- Learning OpenStack [Video] by Venu Murthy
- OpenStack for Architects by Michael Solberg and Ben Silverman
Meet your expert instructors:
Venu Murthy has been fortunate to ride the cloud for more than half a decade now with a total of 13 years of rich experience in the field of IT, playing various roles from systems engineer to developer.
Ben Silverman, as the Principal Cloud Architect for OnX Enterprise Solutions, is responsible for providing strategic and tactical cloud leadership to OnX’s customers.
Michael Solberg, as a chief architect, is responsible for helping Red Hat customers achieve their key business transformation initiatives through open source architectures and technologies.
Meet your managing editor:
This course has been planned and designed for you by me, Tanmayee Patil. I'm here to help you be successful every step of the way, and get maximum value out of your course purchase. If you have any questions along the way, you can reach out to me and our author group via the instructor contact feature on Udemy.