This course will take you from basics of shell scripting which includes how to write or save shell scripts, changing permissions fro execution, taking input from user, loop concepts etc. And will take you slowly to advance concepts like pipes, filters, processes, linux utilities like cut, paste, join etc.
Every concept has been explained with lot of examples so you would know when to apply it and how to apply them in real time world. At the end of course you will find full downloadable ebook containing all concepts and related examples.
- You will become a shell programming expert with comprehensive knowledge of shell programming
- You will learn with more than 60+ programming & real world examples
- You will know How to make use of Mathematical, String and Logical operators in shell script to make decisions
- How to Create functions in shell scripts and improve reusability
- You will learn How to make use of Exit values to determine shell script output status
- How to Accept input from a user and then make decisions on that input.
- You will know How to make use of Expressions in shell scripts
- Dealing with command line arguments and use of it with examples
- You will learn How to make use of Pipe & Process concepts while creating shell scripts
- Use of utilities like cut, paste, join, tr in shell scripts with examples
- Practice exercises with solutions so you can start using what you learn right away.
- Real-world examples of shell scripts, how it is used in corporate world.
- Last but not least, you will get downloadable material containing the scripts and topics contents