This course is intended for the analysts and business users who are willing to explore the self-service business intelligence tools present in Microsoft Excel 2013. This training is best suited for all business professionals: data analysts, developers, IT professionals, project leads, and project managers.
- Utilize the data analysis and protection capabilities of worksheets
- Reduce data speculation by using Excel’s data Analysis capabilities
- Explore some of the amazing and lesser known functions aimed at providing meaningful information
- Generate Pivot tables and charts to explore data sets
- Implement slicers to develop instant dashboards
- Explore and connect to data sources using Power Query
- Comprehend the Power Pivot user interface
- Build a relationship between tables from different sources
Microsoft Excel still remains the top Business Intelligence tool in use today, and it will continue its reign despite marketing efforts of other BI technology vendors. Since most of the organizations already have highly skilled Excel users, they migrate swiftly to a self-service BI capability and tend to create their own BI solution intuitively without much dependence on IT. As capabilities continue to evolve that put tools into the hands of information workers that are easier and easier to use, we expect to see Self-Service BI continue to grow and complement Corporate BI for reporting and analytics.