Xero Online Computerised Accounts course is about how to use Xero based on the most popular functions which you as a Xero operator needs to know how to use, in order to be proficient in using the software.
The learning is structured in a practical way. You are given a practical scenario assignment. There are various tasks to complete. You are given the task to do and have a go at, and then the video answer is available. It is suggested that you:
- Read the task
- Watch the video
- Have a go at it yourself on your own system
- Rewatch the video (if necessary) - to reinforce the learning
You’ll learn how to set up the Xero system from scratch, how to enter opening balances, post customer invoices and credit notes, post supplier bills and credit notes, pay suppliers, petty cash, prepare a VAT return, reconcile the bank, post journals, run reports amongst over things.
This is a useful course if:
- You are thinking of working with the software,
- You are going for jobs which have a requirement for you to be able to use this software
- You want to put this skill on your CV, or
- You are a bookkeeper or accountant and will be using this for clients or even
- You run your own business and want to know how to use Xero for yourself.
You will be given free access to Xero for 28 days - (allow 24 hours for the trial to be activated). Preferably, the course needs to be completed within the 28 day trial window (so that the software still works, as you have a go at the assigned tasks)..
The course materials includes the handout of the assignment task.
Successful completion of the course is the equivalent to being at the level of having a level 2 certificate in computerised accounts.
The course will take about 3-4 hours to complete.
Note: The instructor has a newer Xero course just release mid-May 2017. It includes more tasks and is longer in length.