This course is intended for the data analysts and end users who are willing to explore the self-service business intelligence tools in Microsoft Excel 2013. This training is best suited for all business professionals: data analysts, developers, IT professionals, project leads, and project managers.
At the end of the course, participants would learn/use/acquire the following techniques/knowledge:
- Explore and connect to data sources using Power Query
- Using ETL techniques to gather data from multiple sources - Wikipedia, Oracle MySQL DB & others
- Comprehend the Power Pivot user interface
- Extract and transform data using Power Query
- Build a cascading relationship and manage data models
- Build a relationship between tables from different sources
The course discusses the rationale for self-service BI, and describes how to use Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint Server, and Microsoft Office 365 to create self-service data models and reports. This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning Self-Service BI tools and techniques.