Quickbooks Computerised Accounts course is about how to use Quickbooks based on the most popular functions which you as a Quickbooks operator needs to know how to use, in order to be proficient in using the software.
The learning is structured in a practical way. You are given a practical scenario assignment. There are various tasks to complete. You are given the task to do and have a go at, and then the video answer is available. It is suggested that you:
- Read the task
- Watch the video
- Have a go at it yourself on your own system
- Rewatch the video (if necessary) - to reinforce the learning
You’ll learn how to set up a quickbooks system from scratch, how to enter opening balances, post customer invoices and credit notes, post supplier bills and credit notes, pay suppliers, petty cash, prepare a VAT return, reconcile the bank, post journals, run reports amongst over things.
This is a useful course if:
- You are thinking of working with the software,
- You are going for jobs which have a requirement for you to be able to use this software
- You want to put this skill on your CV, or
- You are a bookkeeper or accountant and will be using this for clients or even
- You run your own business and want to know how to use Quickbooks for yourself.
You will need to have access to a copy of quickbooks 2006 edition – the version which this teaching is based on. Versions 2003, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014 aren’t too dis-similar from the edition which this is based on. If you have a newer version, and get stuck, the instructor is usually online to answer student queries for 2 hours each day.
The course materials includes the handout of the assignment task.
Successful completion of the course is the equivalent to being at the level of having a level 2 certificate in computerised accounts.
The course will take about 3-4 hours to complete.