There are lot of text based shirts on Merch By Amazon and in this course you will learn how to design shirts for Merch using the free software GIMP. Here are some of the things we will be learning:
- Master the type tool and what we can do with it
- Learn about masking (it doesn't sound interesting, but trust me, it's cool)
- Learn about contrast and how to design for different shirt colors
- Importing images and making them transparent
- Where to look to find cool free fonts you can use in your shirts
- Learn where designers find some of those beautiful graphics they use in their shirts
If you're just getting started with Merch maybe you're not ready to invest in the monthly subscription cost for Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. GIMP is a great place to start because it's free but has a ton of useful features.