Create Professional Character Designs in Photoshop
Learn to create pro character designs in Photoshop by following the workflow of a Professional Concept Artist.
In this series, professional concept artist and illustrator Tyler Edlin will walk you through the workflow needed to create pro character designs like those used in AAA games and major films. Through the creation of a Fantasy Mage called Kari, Tyler will demonstrate a professional workflow, as well as covering all of the design considerations needed to create concepts from scratch, and why design is so important to artists in these fields.
- Understand basic design theory for concept artists and illustrators.
- Learn the use of silhouettes to aid in design.
- Improve understanding of poses to "sell" the character.
- Improve color theory and developing a color palate for the piece.
- When to work "loose" and when to push detail to get your best work.