Do you already know PHP and you're developing a website that needs user registration and login? By taking this course you'll learn how to develop a system from scratch where users can sign-up for a new account, login, and be provided with personalised content.
This course will teach you how to add the following features to your PHP website or web application:
- User sign-up, including account activation by email
- Login and logout
- Protecting content for logged-in users only
- "Remember me" functionality: remember the login even after closing the browser
- Secure password reset: let the users reset their own passwords when they forget them
- User administration: create, view, edit and delete users.
Taught by experienced web application developer and online educator Dave Hollingworth, this course takes you in easy steps through the entire process of creating a website that includes user authentication. This course will take you step by step through the project until all the principles have been covered.
All the source code is included with the lectures, with clear comments in the code and all the guidance you need to create your own user authentication system.
This popular course has been completely rewritten and re-published in April 2015, replacing every lecture and adding over 20 brand new ones, with improved, more secure source code, and an entirely new user administration area.