New to self publishing and need an author website?
This course will walk you step-by-step, through the details of creating a complete, professional, responsive website and it's a LOT easier than you might think.
You will learn how to:
- Set up your webserver / hosting site
- Set up your Wordpress installation
- Operate the "backend" of your new website
- Create the page framework necessary for your site
- Setup basic options for a professional installation
- Install new responsive website themes to change the look and feel of the site
- Customize themes to suit your needs
- Create your site content and post blog entries
- Build a beautiful sliding home page banner to showcase your book(s)
- Upload your own graphics
- Create a secure contact form
- Create an email signup form
You can create a really nice site with very little effort and even less money! I have created dozens of websites on many platforms and have created this course to teach to independent authors, like myself, the most effective method of creating a great author website.
In over ten years of web development I have found WordPress to be the most powerful and easy-to-use platform out there and it is continually getting better with each update.
Whether you want a blog that you can post articles to directly from your iPhone or Android, or if you want just a static informational website, this course will cover it. We'll discuss what kind of content you should provide, as an author and how best to provide it. I'll give you a simple way to collect email addresses of your fans so that you can contact them with future news.
I hope you enjoy the course - please contact me with any questions!
P.S. - I've also included a great electronic text book to help you leverage your list of email subscribers most effectively.