This course has over 50 lectures, is 4+ hours long and is only $25
Are you ready to save the earth from invaders from the planet python? If so, then you can take your Python skills from basic to advanced by creating a fully featured and professional Space Invaders clone called Invaders from Python.
This course is the follow-up to my hugely successful Python 3: A Beginners Quick Start Guide to Python and will take you the student from knowing the basics of the Python programming language and walk you through creating your very own Python game.
Along your journey you will learn:
- The basic structure for a game written in Pygame
- Python modules to manage graphics and animation
- How to install Homebrew and Pygame
- How to add images to your games
- Make game objects move on screen
- Refactoring and bug checking
- How to respond to game events such as mouse and key presses
- How to interact between different elements of your game
- What are and use nested loops
- How to create different levels of your game to make it more challenging
- Add a score board and players high scores
- And more...
This course has over 50 lectures and is 4+ hours long. You will start with a blank Python file and when you are finished you will have the skills to create and develop many more games and programmes as the skills you learn here are not just for game development.
Projects in Python is intended for those who already have a working knowledge of Python programming or general programming, and who want to apply their skills to games development. However, beginners may still be able to follow the course too.
The main learning drive in this course is in helping you to create your very own Space Invaders clone called Invaders from Python. Each lecture is like a level within a video game, as you move through the course you will be introduced to more and more advanced topics.
The skills you picked up along the way will give you a solid groundwork for creating bigger, more complex, and more versatile games that can be run on any platform or any operating system.
This course is fun and challenging and I am always on hand to answer questions and help out.
Best of luck!