MySQL is a very popular reliable salable and free open source relational database management system owned by Oracle.There is a commercial licensed version of MySQL that can be purchased which comes with premium support. This is the version most widely used by notable companies.
The following are some notable users of MySQL:
- US Navy
This is a basic beginners introductory course suitable for anyone who wants to learn about MySQL. The course is a video based and taught at a place that anyone can understand and follow along.
At the end of this course you will be familiar with MySQL database and be able to write simple queries to retrieve data from a MySQL databases. You will also be able to filter and sort records obtained from a MySQL database.
This course is a practical hands on and should be easy to follow along with me as I write some basic MySQL queries statements. At the end of this basic course you will have the confidence and skill to write your own MySQL basic SELECT statements.
Here is what you will learn:
- How to download and Install MySQL
- How to write your own basic MySQL SELECT Statement
- What are Database Concepts
- How to use MySQL Workbench
- How to Filter records from a query with WHERE clause
- How to sort records from a query with ORDER BY clause
- How to specify multiple values
- How to search data pattern using LIKE operator
- How to avoid duplicate records with MySQL DISTINCT
Welcome to the course :-)