Behavior Driven Development (BDD) with Ruby on Rails using RSpec and Capybara provides a thorough introduction to using BDD to building web applications using the popular Ruby on Rails framework. Why BDD to build web applications? The advantages are numerous, and Feature specs used extensively in BDD read like plain English which allows end users and developers to easily communicate with each other using BDD tools. In addition, it is easy for the end users to write the features themselves.
This course is designed for students who have some Ruby on Rails or web application development experience who want to take their skills to the next level but have no or limited experience in BDD or automated testing.
Why should students currently enrolled in the Professional Ruby on Rails Developer or already with some Rails experience take this course?
- Behavior Driven Development is the focus of this course!
- RSpec and Capybara experience for automated testing is necessary as a rails developer, covered thoroughly in this course!
- Emulating browser based user behavior to complete a business process from beginning to end, covered thoroughly in this course!
- Big resume booster, knowledge and usage of RSpec and automated testing is very important, most of the Rails community uses this!
- Complete coverage in terms of features, ALL features are built on basis of automated testing specs, not just selective features
- Building two complex and functional web apps including the featured workout web app in 1 course!
Tip: Most rails syntax (not complex) will not be explained, therefore students are expected to know basics like naming conventions and .each method etc. However, all features and BDD steps will be explained.
Some other key aspects of this course are:
- 99 lectures!
- Rails 4.2 using cloud-based IDE
- Migrations, one-to-many and many-to-many associations
- much, much more!