Building stand alone applications that only function and
save their data on the device that they are installed on is becoming
obsolete and not feasible. With the increased use of mobile devices, it
is common for applications to offer ways to backup, sync and share data
in the cloud.
A type of backend is usually needed where data can be saved
and manipulated but this requires time, resources and skills to make it
work. Fortunately, there are several platforms like Backendless and Parse that provide a
backend that we as developers can integrate with our applications.
This course will introduce the popular Backendless SDK and show
you how to integrate it with your Android applications in order to save
application data in the cloud.
Content and Overview of the course
This course will mainly focus on the Backendless SDK, but in order
to build our final application we will also do some basic Android
coding. This course includes:
- Creating activities and moving between activities using Intents
- Creating aesthetically appealing buttons using only XML
- Creating a fully fledged login screen using the Backendless SDK to do email verification and password reset.
- Using the Backendless SDK to create data in your online database, edit and delete existing data.
- Using Backendless SDK and GCM to send Notifications to your users
- Using Backendless SDK to save location data online to use with google maps
- Showing information in a custom ListView
- Working with different icons and pictures
- Using a library for a custom progress dialog
The Backendless SDK makes saving data in the cloud a walk in the
park. In less than 6 hours, you will be building an application that
will be able to save data in the cloud in an exciting and fun way!
I am excited to start working with you!