CouchDB is an exciting NoSQL database that is easy to get up and running with. It stores JSON documents and attachments of any type. You are free to store your data the way you want, and access it the way you want. It features a brilliant web interface which allows you to quickly maintain many aspects of the program and each database.
In this course we will discuss:
- The fundamentals of what CouchDB is, and how it differs from traditional databases
- The different versions of CouchDB that are available (1.6, 2.0 and Cloudant)
- How to install CouchDB on MacOS, Windows and Linux
- How to sign up for a hosted CouchDB account
- Working in the web interface (Futon and Fauxton)
- Working with the REST API
- Create and work with Design Documents
More content will be added to this course as CouchDB develops.
The official slogan of CouchDB is "Relax." So relax and enjoy this class and CouchDB. There are no stupid questions, so relax and ask them.