In this course, you will learn all the concepts, terminologies, and history related to data warehousing, data modeling, and especially star schema design. We will start off with the basics and talk about the ETL process and how it fits into big data picture. Then, we will dive deep into the star schema design and talk about the following concepts:
- ecosystem architecture
- data warehouse architecture
- front-end architecture
- dimensional modeling
- joining facts and dimensions
- the Kimball method
- object action model
- subject area mapping
- finding a grain
- identifying facts and dimensions
- and much more!
You will have the opportunity to work with a Microsoft based data set throughout this course so you can apply the knowledge directly to your work!
Here's everything you will get out of this course.
- You will learn the fundamentals of the popular star schema design to add this skill/technology to your resume
- You will work on a real life data set so you directly relate to your work
- You will receive a BONUS audio copy of this course so you can listen on the go at your own time
- You will receive a FREE copy of the Kimball's Data Warehouse Toolkit book
- You will receive access to monthly office hours hosted by the instructor so you can ask questions and stay engaged
- NO QUESTIONS ASKED 30-day money back guarantee