The comprehensive guide to creating a truly RESTful API with Laravel
This course makes use of the latest version of Laravel! Laravel 5.4
You will not find a Laravel course like this anywhere else. This course explains everything you need to develop a RESTful API using Laravel framework
Do not wait more to become a master in the development of truly RESTful APIs with Laravel. Join the course now and see you in class
In this course, you learn how to develop a realistic, fully implemented, and professional RESTful API Laravel; you will use Laravel 5.4 for PHP
The upgrading to Laravel 5.5, will come on Octuber :)
Laravel is the most popular PHP framework, with more than 20 million downloads along with lots of enterprise and personal projects worldwide. Additionally, includes fantastic features to easily implement a RESTful API. Laravel is RESTful friendly
What is a RESTful API?
An Wbb API is like a web service which works entirely with HTTP. A RESTful API must follow the REST (REpresentationas State Transfer) practices, allowing to orientate the design to the resources, providing standard responses based on the different status codes HTTP provide and provide according Hypermedia in responses.
Because Laravel is a framework made by programmers for programmers, expressive, simple, intuitive and powerful. Laravel provide useful features for web projects including RESTful APIs.
Each new Laravel version includes many changes that make this framework ever better, simpler, programmer friendly and at the same time much more powerful. In fact, the latest versions of Laravel included a lot of new features to help developing RESTful APIs in the right way.
During this course, you will master the complete structure of Laravel, along with the new features included in the latest version of Laravel to develop an actual RESTful API.
You will learn this about the development of a RESTful API with Laravel:
- Using the Laravel PHP artisan for code and components generation
- Usage and creation of middleware on Laravel
- The Laravel Resource routes and controllers (ideal for RESTful APIs)
- Fully supported JSON format responses for a JSON RESTful API
- Validation of requests directly from the Laravel Controllers
- Handling all types of exceptions and errors from Laravel handler
- Complex operations involving up to three resources/models for a specific operation
- Usage of Laravel dependency injection and model binding
- Generation of the database structure using Laravel migrations
- Automatic insertion of fake data into the database through "faker," using Laravel factories, and seeders
- Session and access_token RESTful access control Yes Both!
- Using Laravel Passport to protect the RESTful API with OAuth2
- Pagination of results using Laravel collections
- Using URL parameters to execute actions (the RESTful approach)
- Sorting results based on URL parameters with a RESTful approach
- Filtering results using URL parameters
- Caching responses using Laravel Cache System
- Limitation of requests using the Laravel middleware
- Implementing HATEOAS on Laravel (a pure RESTful API must use HATEOAS)
- Using PHP Fractal for transforming responses
- Much more!!
You can take a look at the full list of contents below.
You will create an actual RESTful API from scratch and step by step using Laravel. Follow the REST architecture and build appropriate URLs to identify actions and resources using the Laravel best features and learn Laravel in the way.
Take full advantage of tools like Sublime Text 3, Git, power shell, Laravel, Composer, PHP artisan, and be more productive for agile development.
Note: In few classes of the course I use Windows (only for the first classes), but I included specific directions in the case you use Linux or Mac and all the tools used are cross platform, so you will no have any problem.
You will have lifetime access to the current classes and the classes that I will regularly add (take a look at the last section to see what is coming).
At the end of this course, you will be able to develop your pure RESTful API with Laravel in an efficient way with the best practices, taking advantage of the facilities provided by Laravel for the proper implementation of your projects and your RESTfulAPI.
Do not wait any longer. Join the course and see you in classes.