Learn How to Build an E-Commerce Website By using osCommerce Platform, Building an online complete shopping store.
Building E-Commerce Website By osCommerce
E-commerce Site is an online shopping store for selling/buying physical products or digital services, we'll use osCommerce Platform to create this large project, if you are really serious about creating an e commerce website, then this course for sure is you.
osCommerce’s most recent product is the Online Merchant v2, a comprehensive self-hosted online store platform that comes with both a catalog frontend and an administration tool backend which can be quickly and effortlessly installed and modified via a web-based installation process. osCommerce is truly an open source program that is worked on continuously by thousands of developers. More than 260,000 different stores are currently operating through the osCommerce platform. Support for the program is mostly found through its rich online community where users and developers converge for ideas, complaints, solutions, and suggestions.
There are a number of benefits that comes with the osCommerce platform. For one, it is a robust e-commerce and online store-management software program that can be integrated on any website or web server that has PHP and MySQL installed. On top of being a very flexible e-commerce solution, osCommerce is a free software under the GNU General Public License. That means you are not paying for anything, which means quite a lot if you are small startup that does not have the funds to invest in a pricey eCommerce setup.
osCommerce provides users a set of tools that enable them build a complete and self-hosted online store for free. The system also offers users complete access to and total control of your online store and data. Developed by a vast community of people over the past 16 years, osCommerce is fueled by individuals who are passionate about what they do and that is to give businesses a powerful eCommerce application.
The osCommerce community has uploaded over 7,000 add-ons that can be implemented without any cost, allowing users to get the most out of the osCommerce platform without shelling out money. As an open source application, osCommerce is committed to the continued development of its product and aims to foster a strong and expanding international community engaged in their achievements.
- 7,000 free add-ons
- Massive integrations
- Payment processing
- Customer service and technical support
- Cocompatible with all PHP 4 versions
- Supports unlimited products and categories
- Products-to-categories structure
- Categories-to-categories structure
- Add/edit/remove categories, products, manufacturers, customers, and reviews
- Support for physical (shippable) and virtual (downloadable) products
- Administration area secured with a username and password defined during installation
- Contact customers directly via email or newsletters
- Easily backup and restore the database
- Print invoices and packaging lists from the order screen
- Statistics for products and customers
- Multi-currency support
- Automatically update currency exchange rates