I designed this course especially for those who already know the basics and wonder how to get to the next level. Maybe you’re a BI analyst, IT specialist, QA analyst, automation tester, DB admin, aspiring data scientist or just passionate to learn SQL. You’ll learn how to use analytic functions, how to take advantage of table partitioning, how to write user-defined functions, procedures with cursors and even how to write beautiful code. All of that with the focus on the most popular open-source database: MySQL.
In this course, we’ll write the code & MySQL queries together. I prepared 2 test databases, 70+ lectures, 4+ hours of video and lots of examples and practices so that you can learn advanced SQL techniques by writing the code. You’ll not learn just by watching me and eating pop-corn. You need to write the queries, and I’ll help you! I believe that’s the only way for you to adopt this new knowledge.
At the end of this course you will not just know these advanced techniques, but also know how to use them in practice.
To help you out, I also created a Slack group where you can join and chat with me or my colleagues if you get stuck.
Anyways, you have nothing to lose. Try this course and if you can honestly say that you learned nothing, just email Udemy, and they will give you a 100% refund within 30 days.
- Last course update: March 2017
- Video quality: Very high (1080p HD, 1920x1080)
- Length: Over 5 hours
We'll go through my personal best practices in writing advanced SQL code which I adopted in the last years. Thus some of the videos are long and content-heavy. I had to divide some of them into three parts because of Udemy's limit of 20 mins/video.
If you are a BI developer, automation tester, data analyst, or a DB admin, I'm sure you'll appreciate the hands-on examples and practices. They will help you understand the concepts and learn them by writing the advanced SQL code for MySQL.
If you have a tech background, you'll like the attached .md files with all the SQL code used in the course.
Did you know?
- Did you know that even SQL code can be beautiful? The more advanced SQL code I wrote for MySQL or PostgreSQL, the more I focused on writing beautiful code. It's especially important if you work with several colleagues on the same codebase.
- I recorded all the video content (5+ hours of final footage) in one day, from early morning to late night? I believe you need to get into the zone to produce great content, be creative or to learn efficiently. Thus I recommend the same to you: purchase this course, dedicate 1 full day to it, turn off your smartphone and learn, learn, learn.
- There's a quiz before and after the course. Take it to check your level of knowledge at the beginning of the course to assess your level of SQL & MySQL knowledge. Then take it after the course. If you learn nothing, ask for refund. (Although I'm certain this doesn't happen!)
- As a CTO, I'm responsible for HotelQuickly's product, engineering, technical infrastructure and databases - we use MySQL & PostgreSQL. Prior to joining HotelQuickly I spent 4 years working as a data warehouse consultant, developing and optimising data marts running on Oracle.
Featured Testimonials (see them all on the bottom of this page)
- "Let's be clear: If you used only basics of the sql, you will definitely learn lots of new stuff here. This is definitely not the introductory course to MySQL and author will not waste your time by explaining basics to you. Author is very knowledgeable about the topic and you will surely learn, at least how to write well structured queries, and you can apply those immediately in your work. In first 3 chapters you will have a lot of explanations and practices to keep you busy." -Dusan Kostic (see full below)
- "SELECT * FROM `the_most_fascinating`.`course` :-) I really like it!!! Thank you a lot Michal for you very professional work!!" -Andrey Ivashkin
- "This is great course on MYSQL, I learned more here, than any other course I have taken so far." -David Abraham
- "Lots of stuff you can learn from this course. There are still more to MySQL than just creating databases. I would recommend anyone to take this course after they know the basics." -Raymond John Escobar
Enjoy & have fun with SQL & MySQL! :-)