Your contacts list is one of the most important things on your iPhone. Want to backup iPhone contacts to save all the names, email addresses, and phone numbers to ensure that you will always have your iPhone contacts on hand even if you are unfortunate enough to lose your iPhone? By backing up your contacts, you can easily recover from a lost or broken phone, or transfer your contacts to a new iPhone.This article would show you 4 methods to backup contacts on iPhone easily. You can simply back up your iPhone contacts using iPhone Contacts backup tool. You can also back up your contacts using iCloud, or use iTunes to back up and synchronize contacts on your computer. Here is how to.
iTunes backs up most of data on your iPhone, including Camera Roll, contacts, contacts and favorite, calendars, safari, autofill, cache/database, notes, mail accounts, call history, messages, voicemail, voice memos, network settings, keychain, app store application data, application settings, in-app purchases, game center accounts, wallpapers, location service preferences, installed profiles, maps and saved suggestion corrections and more.
However, you have to backup other data while backing iPhone contacts. How to backup iPhone contacts with iTunes?
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer via USB.
- Open iTunes and click on the device icon in the tab bar.
- In the Summary section, scroll to Backups.
- Under Manually Back Up and Restore, click Back Up Now.
iCloud is another way that Apple offers to backup iPhone contacts. iCloud offers you the access to the contacts from the web conveniently. Now, follow the easy steps to learn how to backup iPhone contacts using iCloud.
- Make sure WiFi network is turned on your iPhone.
- Go to Settings > iCloud. Fill in your iCloud accounts.
- On iCloud screen, turn on Contacts option, and tap Merge.
- Tap Backup. Turn On iCloud backup under the Backup section if it isn't already — if it is, skip to step 5.
- Tap on Back Up Now.
- Wait until the backup process is completed.
- Download and install the Phone Contacts Backup Tool to have a try.
- Connect Your iPhone to Computer
- Backup iPhone Contacts in 1 Click
After recognized, your iPhone will be shown on the left. By default, all data that can be backed up are ticked. Just remove marks before other data except Contacts. Click Start Copy to begin the backup. During the backup process, keep your iPhone connected.
Apart from iCloud, Apple also gives you the power to backup contacts to some email address, like Gmail, Yahoo!, Hotmail, Exchange, and others. The following would just take backing iPhone contacts to Exchange as an example.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone. Find Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Click Add Account…. Then, you will find many email address are available. Tap Exchange.
- Fill out the information about your name, email account, passwords and description.
- Tap Next. Make sure contacts icon is turned on. Then, click Save to save your iPhone contacts to Exchange.