Many modern companies do not pay enough attention to a website logo design when creating a corporate identity. However, considering small investments in the logo design a good economic decision is a big mistake.
In fact, the logo is one of the main things that represent the company, an element that affects the overall success of the brand. Considering the growing popularity of the Internet, logo design plays a great role in the brand recognition and is an important detail for any company that wants to achieve excellent awareness.
What Company’s Qualities Should a Good Logo Reflect to Boost the Website Traffic?
Actually, any logo is a symbol – of a company’s activity, of views, of development trends. The ultimate goal of a logo is to create strong association in the client’s memory, building a certain degree of trust and recognition. In other words, the logo should make visitors want to return to the site again and again, to order your services and to buy goods that they need.
Logos can take forms of:
- Symbols or combination of different graphical components. These logos are most commonly used, as they cause a variety of association with the company and are easy to remember.
- Text. Such logos are created using only the letters that can be drawn in different fonts. In this case, the font displays the general idea and identity of the brand. For this reason, many companies use simple classic fonts.
- Combined. These logos are the combinations of two previous types. They are used for different purposes, including, of course, the creation of the brand/services/goods identity. In addition, a character and a text parts of the logo can be used separately if needed. You can check out www.designcontest.uk/logo-design/ to see good examples of all these logos.
Although the logo does not affect the traffic directly, it contributes to the increase of website and, respectively, brand’s recognition significantly. The high-quality website logo is crucial not only if you want to get an excellent look of the website but also to apply it to different types of advertising goods: for example, you can create designs of bags, T-shirts, stickers and other things using one website logo. Moreover, the logo can be used on different kinds of printing advertising, for instance, on cards, envelopes, etc. (this method cannot guarantee the increase of traffic unlike, for example, PPC advertising, but it’s one of the best ways to increase the web traffic in the long run, a kind of smart investment).
The website development and support require some investments. To make profit, you have to invest a certain amount of money at first – no matter whether it’s giving gifts to subscribers, logo design or something else. This is the basic principle of the commercial – money makes money. And you have to accept it.
The Common Mistakes of Website Logo Design
In fact, today the Internet is full of similar websites that users may not even see as different ones. If the site does not stand out among the others, it’s a dead website with the dead design. When a visitor is aware that he had visited this resource before, there’s a great chance he will back to it again.
Let’s go through the most typical mistakes:
- The website is left unnoticed. Despite marketing efforts, you’re still like others. This may be due to:
- Too sophisticated appearance.
- Difficult to read font.
- Too unclear message.
The true purpose of a good logo is obvious: to cause the desired associations, to demonstrate the company’s policy, to raise trust, to call to the desired action. Many aspiring entrepreneurs and companies refuse to order logo design "because this attribute is not so important at the beginning." But how to stand out if nothing is done yet?
No matter what the size of the company is, it’s always registered in catalogues, social media platforms, etc., where it has to compete.
- The company is left unremembered. The customer is not obliged to remember all the companies he deals with. Therefore, the buyer guides by associations.
- Visual inconsistency. The lack of stylistic uniformity in the corporate style is one the main reasons that prevents the client from differentiating clearly and remembering the shape of the logo. The logo sets the style to business cards, envelopes, forms, and other elements.
The purpose of a logo in traffic generating process is a bit beyond attracting users: the logo should make them return. A large number of users that come to a website once and then left it forever will never increase the site's reputation among its competitors. You must strive to get the regular audience of loyal customers. An eye-catching logo will help you to achieve this, but only if you follow the given recommendations strictly and avoid the obvious mistakes.